BIG CLOUD ANALYTICS, INC.
Effective Date: 23 June 2017.
Big Cloud Analytics, Inc. (“Big Cloud”, “we”, “us” and “our”) respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices regarding the collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your information through the Big Cloud web site, our products, online services, apps (e.g. EVŌ), devices (wearable and other) and other services we provide both online and offline (collectively referred to as “Big Cloud Services”), along with our marketing and advertising practices.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Personal Information We May Collect
- Health Related Data We May Collect
- Other Information We May Collect
- INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
- How We May Use and Disclose Personal Information
- How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS
- MARKETING PREFERENCES
- HOW YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RETENTION PERIOD
- USE OF BIG CLOUD SERVICES BY MINORS
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CONTACT US
- UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information We May Collect
Big Cloud may collect various types of personal information, including:
- Personal and business contact information (such as name, postal address for billing and shipping, telephone number, and email address)
- Account ID
- Profile picture
- Social media information
- Payment card information
- Depending on the service we are providing to you we may also need to collect more sensitive personal information such as
- Location information, government-issued identification number, certain health information or other personally identifiable information – directly from you
- Data generated from activity, location and/or biometrically-enabled devices (e.g. wearables, smart phones) provided to you – either directly from the device or via the manufacturer
- Data about you from third parties (such as demographic data)
If you submit any personal information relating to other people, to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We, and our service providers, may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We may collect personal information; you elect to share with us such as your name or preferred means of communication and certain health information which will make the Big Cloud Services more effective.
- Through the Big Cloud Services: We may collect personal information you provide when you use Big Cloud Services, for example, make a purchase, or use our products or apps.
- Through Third Parties’ Services: We may collect personal information you provide when you use third party services (e.g. apps and devices) that utilize or are utilized by the Big Cloud Services.
- Offline: We may collect personal information you provide to us offline, such as when you visit our stores, when you enroll for the Big Cloud Services, place a verbal order over the phone or contact customer services.
- From Other Sources: We may collect your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. If required to provide the Big Cloud Services, we may also receive your personal information from people with whom you are “friends” or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Big Cloud Services account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your social media profile or your friends’ profiles. The reverse is also true if your social media “friends” connect their social media account to their Big Cloud Services account.
Health Related Data We May Collect
Big Cloud may collect health-related data with the following specifications in regards to its access, storage and utilization:
- Access: Big Cloud may have access to your health-related data with either your express consent or at the direction of a third party that you have authorized to share your health-related data. To the extent your health-related data is protected health information (“PHI”) or its regulated equivalent in other jurisdictions, Big Cloud will handle such PHI in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- De-identified, Anonymized, or Aggregated Data: Big Cloud may de-identify, anonymize, or aggregate your health-related data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Big Cloud will not use nor share such information in violation of applicable laws or regulations.
- Security: Big Cloud will provide appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards with respect to your health-related data and in accordance with applicable security laws and regulations. Big Cloud will encrypt your health-related data both in storage and in transit.
- Potential Transfer of Your Health-Related Data to Other Countries: Big Cloud may provide health-related data management, data support, and/or services in various countries. Big Cloud is committed to providing these products and/or services in a physical and virtual environment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Other Information We May Collect
Big Cloud may also collect other information from your app or wearable device, browser or device that does not reveal your (or anyone else’s) real world identity, for example:
- Browser and device information
- App or device (wearable or other) usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies
- IP address
- Location data
- Aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information
- Demographic information and other information provided by you (i.e., language, occupation, postal code)
We (and our third-party service providers) may collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Most browsers and blue tooth/Wi-Fi connected devices collect certain information automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Big Cloud Services (such as the app or device) you are using. We use this information, for example, to make sure that the Big Cloud Services function properly, analyze the performance of our products, and improve and maintain the Big Cloud Services and products.
- Through your use of an Big Cloud app and devices: When you download and use a Big Cloud app or device (wearable or other), we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the Big Cloud app on your device accesses our servers (or the device manufacture’s servers which is provided to us) and what information and files have been downloaded to the Big Cloud app or from the device.
- IP Address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted, as part of any Internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many web sites, applications and other Big Cloud Services may collect IP addresses automatically. We collect and use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Big Cloud Services, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering the Big Cloud Services.
- Location Data: In support of Big Cloud Services functionality, we may collect the physical location of a connected device (wearable or other) using satellite, cell phone tower, blue tooth connectivity or Wi-Fi signals (for example, we may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based Big Cloud Services, content and advertising). We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. You can choose whether to allow or deny uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized Big Cloud Services.
We may use personal information:
- To enroll you for and provide the Big Cloud Services to you, and to recognize you when you return to our sites as part of providing these services.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as activation services and trouble shooting issues.
- To personalize your experience on the Big Cloud Services.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our Big Cloud Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Big Cloud Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Personal information may be shared or disclosed:
- To our authorized third-party service providers and suppliers who provide services to us such as web site hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- Though not done currently, to third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences.
- When made available – such information posted by you, on message boards, forums, chat, profile pages and blogs to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any such information you post or disclose will become public information, and may be available to users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, online.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe is required, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and physical and intellectual property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Please note that we may use and disclose other information we collect through cookies in accordance with our Big Cloud Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice.
In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information (such as combining your name with your postal code). If we combine any other information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We do not currently use such services.
The Big Cloud Services are designed to provide reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. You may access and update your contact details and communication preferences by using one of the following methods: visit the specific product or service web site in which you are enrolled and which is hosted by Big Cloud; use the firstname.lastname@example.org email link; or send a letter to the postal address below. You may choose to update your communication preferences for the following types of activities:
- To accept or refuse receiving marketing-related emails from us in the future.
- To accept or refuse our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and subsidiaries so that they may market directly to you.
- To accept or refuse our sharing of your personal information with unaffiliated third parties so that they may market directly to you.
We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do choose not to receive marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages (i.e., service notifications).
If you would like to access, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us by: visiting the specific product or service web site; using the email@example.com email link; or sending a letter to the postal address below including your name, e-mail address, account identification, and purpose of the request.
For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to personal information about you (not anyone else), and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). Some of your information may remain within our systems and other records, in compliance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The Big Cloud Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), or to minors as otherwise defined in local law or regulation, and do not knowingly collect personal information from these individuals. We request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the Big Cloud Services. However, if you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of thirteen (13), please let us know using the methods described in the “Contact Us” section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and, if appropriate, delete that information.
Like any global company, Big Cloud works in many countries and complies with data privacy laws in many jurisdictions, including the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In order to process information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, we process and manage personal data locally or may transfer your personal information to locations in other jurisdictions (the U.S.) We may also transfer your personal information to our third party service providers, who may be located in a different country to you.
Big Cloud performs work for companies and their customers in many countries in the EEA. In substantially all instances, user data of persons located in the EEA is processed and then maintained within the EEA by Big Cloud. In the limited circumstances where data may be moved outside of the EEA (to the U.S.), Big Cloud complies with the EU-U.S, Privacy Shield adopted by the European Commission in July 2016 as part of its Data Protection Framework (Click here to see this Framework on the EU Commission website). Additionally, end users may “Opt Out” of using Big Cloud services if they are not comfortable with the location of information that would be collected by Big Cloud by contacting Big Cloud in accordance with Section 11 below.
If you have questions or concerns about Big Cloud’s privacy practices, you can contact us by using the firstname.lastname@example.org email link or send a letter to the postal address listed below. Please include your contact information, name of the Big Cloud web site or service, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
Big Cloud Analytics, Inc.
1401 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309 USA
We may change this Privacy Notice. The “Effective Date” section at the top of this page states when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Big Cloud Analytics, Inc. or EVŌ.science website. Your use of the Big Cloud Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice.
If any change may materially affect the privacy of your personal information, we will use reasonable endeavors to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes (which you may do by ceasing to use the Big Cloud Services).
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we collect, use and share personal information.